One of the most common complaints I hear from clients and colleagues is a lack of time to focus on branding and marketing.
- They’d rather be doing ‘what they do’ than working on their branding and marketing.
- They’re also avoiding it because they’re not too sure where to start.
- And mostly, they just don’t have time to think about it right now. Maybe next week, or next month.
Finding time is hard, I know. It’s very often one of the items put on the ‘it can wait’ list. But the truth is – it can’t. It’s something that should be addressed on an ongoing basis. You might be saying to yourself …
- I know branding is important but it’s not ‘urgent’ It’s OK; it can wait.
- I just don’t have time, I’m too busy working on client work – they’re more important.
If you don’t find the time to work on your brand – be it your identity, website or marketing or keep squeezing it in and doing it haphazardly, your brand is not going to keep up with your business and it’s likely going to be letting you down. Without focusing on your own brand, the trouble is that you’re only as good as your last job or last project. You’re not building equity, and you’re missing out on a whole lot of opportunities.
Your brand will work for you when you put the time into working on it. That makes branding important to a business.
How do you find time to work on your own brand?
So how do you put your own work on the to-do list and get it done without feeling guilty that you should be working on your clients’ work or just being too darn worn out to find the time?
You need to shift your thinking from ‘running your business’ to ‘building a brand’
Learn how to build your brand while running your business – integrate it into your weekly pattern of activities so that building your brand becomes part of building your business.
5 Simple Tips to Give Yourself Some Space to Build Your Brand.
- Value yourself and your brand as much as you do your clients.
- Get fresh incentive and motivation – Think about the future, what a strong brand will mean for you, your family and your lifestyle.
- Put your own business in the ‘WIP’ (Work in Progress) list as you would a client.
- Don’t push things ahead that relate to your own brand or marketing on your to-do list more than twice.
- Make it enjoyable, rewarding and fun. Make space and feel good about building your future!
If you’re ready to start working on your brand read this article to get 2 simple actions you can start with. Article Link.